Virtuoso Travel Advisors Favorite Places to visit in 2017
A new survey by international luxury travel agency network Virtuoso® unveiled this summer’s must-visit recommendations from professional travel advisors as well as insider tips on how to successfully manage trips during the busy season.
Respondents to the newest Virtuoso Flash Survey revealed their favorite worldwide destinations for the summer of 2017. The love for Europe endures and it factors prominently on the list due to interest in cultural trips. This summer is the ideal time to venture to the continent due to the low euro, and experience:
- A river cruise down the Danube where tucked-away villages and historic highlights converge in countries such as Hungary, Austria, and Germany
- Portugal, a less crowded and more affordable option than other Western European destinations
- Iceland, an emerging destination popular for its adventure and family travel opportunities
- Peru’s Andean Explorer, the new luxury train
- Ottawa, Canada’s capital, to celebrate the country’s 150th birthday
- The Galapagos Islands, especially for trips with kids
For those planning on staying closer to home, Virtuoso’s expert advisors also shared their picks for best U.S. destinations this summer:
- National parks, especially in the West: Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion and Bryce Canyon. Reservations may be difficult this close in, so contact a travel advisor to plan now.
- Ski destinations such as Park City, Utah or Aspen, which features great deals on accommodations during the off-season
- A beach vacation: Hawaii is ideal year-round
- Northern Michigan for its scenic parks and lakes, as well as resort communities such as Mackinac Island
- The Bluegrass region of Kentucky, to take in its famed horses, scenic drives, and heritage sites
- Maine, with its beaches, recreational opportunities, and quaint towns