Fun Things to Do in Perth
Having a few good friends from Perth, Australia, I couldn’t help but be fascinated by this article from BootsnAll Travel. Writer David Stephens tells about the best things to do in this city down under that are all cheap and fun. Five are posted here, but check out his article, A Cheap Day’s Perth: 25 Things to Do in the Centre of Perth for Under $10, for the other twenty.
“If your goal is to see the most for the least – then Perth is your town! Blessed with options for the traveller who’s low on cash but high on ingenuity, here are some ideas for around the Central Business District to run with:
1. See Some Flowers – Kings Park is a huge bushland area right in the centre of the city that is great to walk through at any time of year. From the Anzac memorial here, you get the best view of Perth, particularly at night (and you won’t be alone), and the DNA tower just has to be climbed.
2. Visit the Power People – Every Monday and Thursday at 10:30 a.m., free tours of the state Parliament House are held – just turn up on time. You can also watch parliament when it’s in session.
3. See Money Made – a visit to the still operational Perth Mint at 310 Hay St will cost you a pittance.
4. Take a Cruise –Transperth has regular ferries from Barrack St. Jetty in Perth to South Perth for a miserly $2 – any cheaper and it’s theft! You can stay on the ferry for the return, or walk back via either the Narrows Bridge, or the causeway over Heirisson Island.
5. Shop for a Suit of Armour – For the budding Knight in Shining Armour – the quintessential stop in Perth is Millenium Medieval Emporium at 888 Hay St – suits of armour, swords, chain mail – you’ve just got to go and see it.”
May 27, 2010 @ 9:01 am
No place on this earth compares to the beautiful beaches weather and women that Perth Western Australia has to offer!
October 4, 2009 @ 1:37 am
visiting perths was like watching cement dry…. ((((Sings)))love you perth!! what a joke
January 17, 2009 @ 1:55 pm
July 27, 2008 @ 5:55 am
sit in a cardboarddon’t you mean cupboardfreakif you want to get excitedget off the internet
October 27, 2007 @ 11:26 am
Perth is soooooooo boring! These suggestions dont excite me at all!!!!!!! I would rather sit in a cardboard.
February 6, 2007 @ 10:14 pm
Perth is good for the wallet, but is it good for the body and mind? How so? Fun Things To Do